The Smart Mobility Embassy is a public-private network within which national and local authorities, knowledge institutions and companies make their knowledge, experience and testing capabilities available. The Smart Mobility Embassy acts as an intermediary, bringing parties who need Dutch testing expertise and capabilities in the area of Smart Mobility together with Dutch parties who can offer these services.
Many different parties are interested in carrying out activities in the Netherlands. The Smart Mobility embassy is offering guidance to help identify the right parties in the Netherlands. You are very welcome to start activities here.
The Netherlands’ unique selling points
Why the Netherlands? The country has a number of unique selling points:
- The Netherlands offers one of the best infrastructures in the world
- It tops the rankings in terms of connectivity, offers ITS using high-speed broadband and has 98% household coverage and national 4G coverage
- Access to the complete testing chain
- Strong public-private cooperation
- Gateway to Europe for legislative changes
- Engaged customers: 80% of Dutch people have a smartphone and the logistics sector is involved in the platooning challenge.
Activities of the Smart Mobility Embassy
- National contact point for parties in other countries. The SME is a contact point for foreign parties who are interested in using Dutch development and testing facilities or want to find out more about them. The SME brings parties on the demand side into contact with parties from the SME network.
- The best way to demonstrate what the Netherlands is doing in the field of Smart Mobility is to allow people to see it for themselves. The SME is a contact point for incoming missions and visits (as part of the role already performed by Connekt) and can develop a program tailored to the needs of the visitors concerned.
- Outgoing visits. The SME provides input for trade missions, study trips and trade fairs to promote and actively position the Netherlands as an International Smart Mobility Testing and Deployment Environment.
Go to the website of the Smart Mobility Embassy